Associate- For Profit Segment
Breakwater accounting + advisory corp® seeks an Associate to join our fast growing For Profit segment team. The Associate will be responsible for bookkeeping services for small and mid-size business clients including general client management. The position will consist of both client onsite and remote work in the Wilmington, Delaware region. This position will report to the Segment Leader, For Profit.
- Record & classify financial account activity in accounting systems
- Manage client relationships
- Accounts Payable Processing: record all vendor invoices and prepare bill payments, per approval protocol
- Accounts Receivable: prepare customer invoices or sales receipts, receive payments, and follow-up on aging receivables
- Payroll processing, per approval protocol
- Assist with monthly reconciliations and reporting if needed
- Scanning documentation into accounting system if needed
- Filing and organizing client records
- Travel to client locations as needed
- QuickBooks Online (QBO) experience preferred
- Accounting and bookkeeping knowledge and experience preferred
- Comfortable with technology
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines using excellent time management skills with ease and professionalism
- Effective problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Professional w/excellent interpersonal & organizational skills
- Strong team player
All of our team members are guided by Breakwater’s Core Principles. We are: proactive, positive, purposeful, principled, and proactive. If these principles resonate with you, too, let’s talk. To start the conversation send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About breakwater accounting + advisory corp®
Headquartered in Wilmington, DE, breakwater accounting + advisory corp® provides a safe, simple, and affordable way for small + medium sized businesses, non-profits, and private clients to outsource their financial operations. From bookkeeping to business planning and strategy, we strive to be a valuable and collaborative partner for our customers. We offer an energetic, positive, and flexible workplace. To find out more, visit www.breakwatercorp.com.